The board NOVA-15S BK3 is a BMS (Battery Management System) for the intelligent control of all types of rechargeable lithium cells by controlling the steps of charging and discharging, preventing malfunctions and breakdowns.
NOVA-15S BK3 is designed for the control of battery packs consisting of two parallel branches consist of 7 to 15 cells connected in series. This card is recommended for battery packs with currents until 20 Ah.
The heart of the BMS is made with a 16-bit microcontroller that controls and stores all the parameters of the battery pack. The status of the battery pack is visible with different types of interfaces.
The main features of the board are:
- Measurement of the voltage of each cell with resolutions of 1 mV;
- Measurement of the current pack in charging and discharging with a resolution of 10mA;
- Monitoring the temperature (1 channel) of the cells and the board;
- Balancing smart cells made in several stages;
- Measurement of the SOC (State Of Charge) on the level of energy present in the package;
- Blocking of charging and discharging for security issues;
- Internal clock (real time clock) for synchronization of data;
- Adjustable parameters for the management of different models of battery packs;
- Storing all events;
- 400 days registry with daily events recording;
- Technology with low power consumption of less than 200nA cells with BMS off;
- Transmission of data with various types of interfaces (UART, serial TX opto isolated, USB, Bluetooth)
- Battery status LED
- 4 led ready oputput for battery status indication;
- Internal fuse for battery protection
- Graphical interface for connection to BMS Personal Computer.
- Bidirectional charge interruption
- Historical day register