The board NOVA-18S BK4 is a BMS (Battery Management System) for the intelligent control of all types of rechargeable lithium cells by controlling the steps of charging and discharging, preventing malfunctions and breakdowns.
NOVA-18S BK4 is designed for the control of battery packs consisting of two parallel branches consist of 8 to 18 cells connected in series. This card is recommended for battery packs with currents until 80 Ah.
The heart of the BMS is made with a 16-bit microcontroller that controls and stores all the parameters of the battery pack. The status of the battery pack is visible with different types of interfaces.
The main features of the board are:
- Measurement of the voltage of each cell with resolutions of 1 mV;
- Measurement of the current pack in charging and discharging with a resolution of 10mA;
- Monitoring the temperature (2 channels) of the cells and the board;
- Balancing smart cells made in several stages;
- Measurement of the SOC (State Of Charge) on the level of energy present in the package;
- Blocking of charging and discharging for security issues;
- Internal clock (real time clock) for synchronization of data;
- Adjustable parameters for the management of different models of battery packs;
- Storing all events;
- Technology with low power consumption of less than 50nA cells with BMS off;
- Transmission of data with various types of interfaces (UART, RS485 ISOLATED, serial TX opto isolated, USB, Bluetooth)
- Battery status LED
- Acoustic buzzer indicator
- Internal fuse for battery protection
- Graphical interface for connection to BMS Personal Computer.
- Low Power technology with cells consumption low than 200nA with BMS off.
- Bidirectional charge interruption
- Short circuit protection
- Historical day register